Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars - Adapted from Brandy’s Baking
BAKERHI NOTE: Since this is cheesecake this needs to set overnight. So don’t hype it up and not be able to feed it to your friends until the next day, like I did.
What you’ll need:
- 8x8 metal baking pan (glass conducts heat differently, these are cheap and sold in most grocery stores, I got mine for 7 dollars.)
- (For the crust) 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (they sell this pre-crushed in the baking supplies aisle at stop and shop - do it if you don’t have a food processor, this will save you a lot of time)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- (For the Cookie Dough) 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- (For the cheesecake) 10 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
The How To:
- Preheat the oven to 325deg F
- Make the crust by melting the butter and then mixing it into the crumbs and then pressing it into the bottom of a greased pan. Pop the crust into the oven for 10 minutes. Boom.
BAKERHI NOTE: If you find that you have extra (like I did) I’d suggest trying to get it out of the pan. I had a lot of loose crust even after I made the whole bottom even, and it just sorta bugged me.
- Make the cookie dough the same way you’d make cookies. Flour and salt whisked together, butter mixed into the sugars and vanilla, then mix in the flour. Add the chocolate chips last.
ANOTHER BAKERHI NOTE: This batter is super dry and crumbly, and I kept checking to see if there’s an egg/baking soda in this cookie dough. There isn’t. It’s supposed to be dry. Don’t worry.
- Make the cheesecake by mixing (with a hand or stand mixer, if you have one) the cream cheese and the sugar first, and then adding the vanilla and egg.
- Assuming your crust has been done at this point, spread in the cheesecake mixture and spread it out evenly across the pan.
- This is a little odd to explain, but this is how I did the cookie dough:
Take a fistful of cookie dough and form it into a ball, and then put it on top of the mixture. Do that until you run out of cookie dough. If you’re like me and had a patch of the pan that has nothing in it but graham cracker/cream cheese, then take the balls you made and break them up evenly around the top of the bar so that the cookie “crumbles” cover the whole surface.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Take out and cool for another 30 minutes (until the pan isn’t crazy hot anymore) and then cover it/put it in the fridge overnight.
Done. Delicious. Entirely not nutritious.
But it’s okay, right? Treats are just that - treats.
I dunno what I’ll make next. I’m thinking cupcakes though.
752 Notes/ Hide
- nosugarjustspice likes this
- classyfabulousx likes this
- sweet-simplicity-great-serenity reblogged this from bakerhi
- sweet-simplicity-great-serenity likes this
- had-a-foodgasm-and reblogged this from bakerhi
- openminded-soul likes this
- miracolokim likes this
- ilooooveyouuu likes this
- silhhouettedreams likes this
- awake-atnight likes this
- ffearandpassion likes this
- aperturelaboratories likes this
- isincerelyhatetheinternet reblogged this from bubblegum-warrior
- isincerelyhatetheinternet likes this
- nupinoop296 reblogged this from bubblegum-warrior
- nupinoop296 likes this
- bubblegum-warrior reblogged this from ffffood
- primavalia likes this
- khadijahamid likes this
- lovegoesrawr likes this
- setyourselffreeandneverlookback likes this
- mikeelala likes this
- b6ah likes this
- massacremusicleague likes this
- alisontricot reblogged this from imgoingtobeacook
- elizabethmulder likes this
- whiteknightcharlie likes this
- stickiebuns likes this
- stickiebuns reblogged this from bakerhi
- artistontheinsidehidingontheout reblogged this from bakerhi
- toujours-faim reblogged this from bakerhi
- graphichavoc likes this
- sorchanoir reblogged this from bakerhi
- hachimitsooo reblogged this from bakerhi
- onedaleydirectionxox likes this
- cookinghijinx reblogged this from imgoingtobeacook
- forestdancer reblogged this from ffffood
- jenniferlynn-ox likes this
- asian-pears reblogged this from thetallerballer
- sophiachao likes this
- nyuenicorn likes this
- nneenja reblogged this from ffffood
- raindrops-and-requiems likes this
- raindrops-and-requiems reblogged this from controlledkhaos
- crossthesynapse likes this
- daydreamsindresses likes this
- controlledkhaos reblogged this from q-uerida